Thursday, January 27, 2011

How we make sure daddy is always here...

I have heard about a lot of different ways that military families try to keep their children remembering their deployed daddy. I've thought of what i can do that would work good in my house. So i decided to get various pictures of family memories (which has daddy in each and every picture) and put them on magnets on the fridge at little kids eye level.....


So I decided to do it while the boys were taking a nap and Jenna was at school because i wanted to surprise them with all the photos. We all went to get Jenna and on the way home from school, i told them that when we got home i had a surprise for them. They were so excited and couldn't wait to get home to see. So i had them walk into the kitchen and they all noticed it right away. They just stood there and looked at all the pics. Jenna and Frankie were pointing at them and remembering all of our family memories together like the myrtle beach vacation and at the pool. Nathan kept pointing and saying DADA DADA DADA. I couldn't believe how long they were there just looking at the pictures. I actually teared up, WHAT A SHOCK, because it was just so great how much they seemed to really enjoy what i did. Still til this day each one of them go to the fridge at least one point during the day and talk, point, or hang out looking at all our memories. I even catch myself doing it very often. I think its a great place to go when we are missing him. No matter what my main objective during this deployment is to keep my kids as happy as i can and make sure they don't ever forget their daddy's face. So here are some more pics of the kids seeing the daddy memory fridge for the first time...


No comments:

Post a Comment