For a long time, I have been saying to myself that I need to do more mother/daughter things with jenna. It seems like the past couple years have been so busy, i guess it might be the whole getting pregnant back to back thing,lol. Well, my friend's son is in the choir for the nutcracker and she asked me if i would like two free tickets to see the show and BOOM, i thought that would be a perfect opportunity for jenna and I. I can't even begin to tell you how excited jenna was to see this, she was the happiest little girl sitting in that auditorium waiting for that curtain to rise. It almost made me want to cry because it was so heartwarming to do something with her that i know she will remember forever. It also made me realize what a big girl she is becoming and that these are the memories with her that i really want to hold on to. She loved every second of the ballet, a little bit towards the end she started to get slightly antsy but so was I because it was a ballet and didn't have any dialogue, just dancing and music. But overall, we both had an absolute excellent time. So when intermission came, we got up and went to the lobby, i had her pick out a nutcracker ornament to hang on the tree. So every year when she hangs that ornament on the Christmas tree, she will remember that special day we had together. We are definitely going to have more of these mother/daughter days together and I'm looking forward to a lifetime of them. So here are some pictures, we couldnt take them during the actual performance but these are from before and after, ENJOY!

^ this is how close we were to the stage.

^ jenna with her ticket

^ Jenna with her nutcracker ornament.

^Thats a little bocklet we got about the ballet.

^Jenna and I(obviously) HAHA

^ and here we are again

^ Jenna in front of the Koger Center of Arts where we saw the ballet.
No comments:
Post a Comment