So where i will begin is SHE JUST LEARNED HOW TO TIE HER SHOES!! She has been practicing and practicing on daddy's sneakers and finally it just clicked. She was so proud of herself and so are we. I know she was starting to get discouraged because a lot of the kids in her class already knew how, but i think that's one of the reasons she learned so fast. Here's my big girl...
She also had her first school project. She could pick any subject she wanted. What do you think she picked??? I was quite surprised when she told me she wanted to do her project on SHARKS!!! HMMMM, sharks, huh? I said OK, lets go to the library and get some books about sharks. We went to the library and she asked the librarian to show her where the books on sharks were at. You could tell she felt like such a big kid and we got out tons of books about sharks. So this past Sunday morning, daddy took Frankie with him to get a hair cut and Nathan was napping, so it was the perfect opportunity for Jenna and i to start. Here it is...
So to end this wonderful blog that makes me want to cry, SNIFF SNIFF!! I have a great story to tell....
Jenna and I are sitting at the picnic table outside eating dinner, daddy wasn't there. This is how our conversation went.....
Jenna: Mama, whats the difference between old and young people
(I'm thinking hmmm, this is a hard question, so i tried to answer it to the best of my ability in 5 year old terms)
ME: Ummm, well old people have gray hair and are usually grandma's and grandpa's.
Jenna: I know something else that makes old people different from young people.
ME: Oh ok, well what is it??
Jenna: Old people drive really slow.
ME: (laughs) Ummm, ok where did you learn that??
Jenna: Well every time we are in the car you yell at the old people and say they drive too slow and need to get off the road.
At this point I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts, she couldn't figure out what was so funny and i think she thought i was nuts. Geez,nothing gets past my 5 year old. Needless to say i watch what i say a lot more now, OOPS!!! :) Bad MAMA! Hope you enjoyed this lil update and had a laugh! ENJOY
No comments:
Post a Comment